Re: BUG #14419: DB connections fails with "could not reserve shared memory region" in postgresql log. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: BUG #14419: DB connections fails with "could not reserve shared memory region" in postgresql log.
Date
In response to Re: BUG #14419: DB connections fails with "could not reserve shared memory region" in postgresql log.  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 11/11/2016 14:47, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 9:12 PM,  <jari.kopponen@patria.fi> wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      14419
>> Logged by:          jari kopponen
>> Email address:      jari.kopponen@patria.fi
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.4
>> Operating system:   Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit SP 1
>>
>> After we installed kb3177467 (Servicing stack update for Windows 7 SP1 and
>> Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1: September 20, 2016) windows update, we faced
>> problems with database connections. In postgresql there is log entries
>> "could not reserve shared memory region (addr:xxx) for child(yyy): error
>> code 487. This seems to be quite similar problem than described in : BUG
>> #14050.
>
> From where are those builds? Is ASLR enabled? I saw patterns of broken
> shared memory with Win 2k8 R2 because of that.

FWIW, there was 3 reports for this issue on french board in the last few
days (including pg 9.3.3 and 9.5.5), I think all of them on W7.

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org