Re: Pgpool starting problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: Pgpool starting problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Jay at Verizon wrote
> Hi all,
>
> If I turn use_watchdog = off in the pgpool.conf file, then in spite of the
> system being configured as master-slave, a socket file is created in /tmp,
> and everything starts normally with no errors. If, however, I set
> use_watchdog = on, pgpool will abort on startup with the following errors:
>
> 2014-05-08 14:40:22 ERROR: pid 32893: watchdog: wd_init failed
> 2014-05-08 14:40:22 ERROR: pid 32893: wd_main error
> 2014-05-08 14:40:22 ERROR: pid 32893: unlink(/tmp/.s.PGSQL.9898) failed:
> No such file or directory
>
> It seems pretty consistent doing this, and I can flip use_watchdog on and
> off and the same behavior repeating. Any ideas?
> --
> Jay

I'm doubting you are providing enough information for someone to actually
provide useful help.

Beyond that this is not the correct list for this question.  pgPoolII is a
standalone product - i.e., not part of PostgreSQL core which is what this
list to dedicated to.  The proper links, as well as documentation, can be
found at:

http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

I suggest posting the actual configuration file along with detailing exactly
how (and on what platform) you are running the various applications.

It is possible that O/S user permissions prevent pgPool from seeing or
interacting with the socket file.

David J.