Re: Regression tests fail with tzdata 2024b - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Regression tests fail with tzdata 2024b
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sven Klemm <sven@timescale.com> writes:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2024 at 5:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Configurable to what?  If your test cases are dependent on the
>> historical behavior of PST8PDT, you're out of luck, because that
>> simply isn't available anymore (or won't be once 2024b reaches
>> your platform, anyway).

> I was wondering whether the timezone used by pg_regress could be made
> configurable.

Yes, I understood that you were suggesting that.  My point is that
it wouldn't do you any good: you will still have to change any
regression test cases that depend on behavior PST8PDT has/had that
is different from America/Los_Angeles.  That being the case,
I don't see much value in making it configurable.