Re: BUG #3120: relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #3120: relation "pg_catalog.pg_user"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> We're not in the business of inventing new error message texts for
>> long-gone releases.  Particularly since the OP's problem would be
>> actually fixed, not just band-aided over, if he were running a newer
>> release.

> Oh, so this would not be a problem in newer PostgreSQL releases.  I
> thought it was at general SELinux problem.

No, the problem is specifically that Red Hat's first RHEL4 Postgres
releases hadn't been tested adequately under SELinux.  (Which is surely
my fault, but too late now.)  I see no point in putting a test into
7.4.17 for a problem that was fixed in 7.4.7 or thereabouts.

            regards, tom lane