Re: BUG #8467: Slightly confusing pgcrypto example in docs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: BUG #8467: Slightly confusing pgcrypto example in docs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 15:39 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > So if we revert, will it still be clear what is MD5 and what is MD5 hash?
> >
> > I mean, will it be clear what is MD5 crypt and what is MD5 hash?
>
> I have made the attached doc change, which places "(hash)" outside of
> the literal text block.  You are right the literal blocks should match
> what is passed.

I think this entire line of patches should be reverted from the 9.3
branch, because it's not a bug fix, and arguably makes no sense.

I also think that these patches should be reverted from the master
branch, because they make no sense and don't actually address the bug
report.  Adding an output length column might make sense as an
independent patch.