Re: GSoC 2014 - mentors, students and admins - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lubennikova Anastasia
Subject Re: GSoC 2014 - mentors, students and admins
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Thom Brown-2 wrote
> Hi all,
>
> Application to Google Summer of Code 2014 can be made as of next
> Monday (3rd Feb), and then there will be a 12 day window in which to
> submit an application.
>
> I'd like to gauge interest from both mentors and students as to
> whether we'll want to do this.

Hi,
I am interested in taking part in GSoC as a student.
I want to choose "support for index only scan for GIST". I think it will be
actual for community and good for gsoc. I am reading documentation and
source code now, and preparing to discuss questions of implementation and
write a proposal.
Which special knowledges and tools do I need to cope with a task?
Can I find useful information somewhere else in addition to PostgreSQL
documentation?