Re: Ctrl+C from sh can shut down daemonized PostgreSQL cluster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Ctrl+C from sh can shut down daemonized PostgreSQL cluster
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Or we could wait to see if anybody reports this sort of behavior
> in a shell that won't be out of support before 9.4 gets out the
> door.

We have a field report of this happening in the sh shell in Solaris
10.  Our staff has confirmed this.  In Solaris 10 they can start
multiple clusters from a single shell, and if they later use Ctrl+C
in that shell all of those instances are shut down.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com