Re: open and close columns in the NEW record not allowed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rafael Martinez Guerrero
Subject Re: open and close columns in the NEW record not allowed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 07:11 -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 02/06/2014 06:35 AM, Rafael Martinez Guerrero wrote:

> > We think the behavior should be consistent, either it is allow to use
> > them or not, but not like it is today.
> >

> " As a general rule, if you get spurious parser errors for commands that
> contain any of the listed key words as an identifier you should try to
> quote the identifier to see if the problem goes away."
>

> Which indeed solves the problem on my end at least:

Hello

Thanks for the feedback.

Our problem is that an application decides the name of the columns in
the tables and "XDB replication" from EnterpriseDB decides the triggers.
We have no control over the code :-(

regards,
--
Rafael Martinez Guerrero