Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Is anybody opposed to having PL/php in pg_pltemplate in the 8.1
>> branch? If not, I will add it on monday.  (I plan to add it to 8.2 at
>> the same time.)

> pg_pltemplate should only be used for languages that are included in the
> PostgreSQL source tree.

I don't see any strong reason for enforcing that as policy, if the
language maintainer wants an entry.  (But is Alvaro the maintainer of
pl/php?)  My recollection is that we identified some pros and cons of
having listings for non-core languages, and decided it should be up to
the language maintainers to decide what they want.