Re: Add full object name to tag field - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Johnston
Subject Re: Add full object name to tag field
Date
List pgsql-novice
Asit Mahato wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie. I am unable to understand the to do statement given below.
>
> Add full object name to the tag field. eg. for operators we need
> '=(integer, integer)', instead of just '='.
>
> Note:- I have asked this questions in hackers mailing list before i figure
> out that there is a special list for newbies and the reply i have received
> is really beyond of my capability .
>
> " Cast the OID of the operator to regoperator instead of regoper."
>
> Please some help me with some simpler example or provide me some link so i
> can understand the given reply.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> *Asit Mahato*

By and large -novice ends up dealing with SQL and general PostgreSQL usage.
It you have any desire to hack on the source code then -hackers is the place
for the question; though -general it usually a better place to put
exploratory questions.  Given that you already began the thread on -hackers
it is best to just leave it there.  I did respond to the -hackers thread on
this topic and suggest all further replies be posted against that one.

[END OF -novice THREAD; see -hackers thread with same name for the full
discussion.]