Re: [pgtranslation-translators] seek advice about translation management - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: [pgtranslation-translators] seek advice about translation management
List pgsql-docs
Hi,

I'll try to answer what I can.

On Mon, 2013-11-18 at 12:35 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Nov  1, 2013 at 01:21:44PM +0800, liuyuanyuan@highgo.com.cn wrote:
> > Hi, everyone !
> >      I'm Jasmine Liu , from China.
> >     Now my group want to translate PostgreSQL 9.3.1 documentation
> > into Chinese. And we get a few problems:
> >     1, How to identify the difference between varying documentation ?

I'm using git diff to get the diff between two releases (minor or
major).

> >     2, How to manage documentation of different version ?

I use one branch for each release on the git repository.

> >     3, How to coordinate multiple translators to complete the translation?

Much harder :)

I usually do the coordination between each. I put a wiki page on github,
with the list of files to updates and a link to the diff. Each
translator put their name in front of the file he wants to translate.

> >     4, How to convert sgml to html independently? and how to convert html to
> > sgml?

Don't know. We're using xml.

> >     5, How did you manage your documentation translation?

Can you be a bit more precise?

> >     If you have any experience or ideas about transaltion management,
> > please write to me, I'm looking forward to your reply.
> >     Thanks and best wishes!
>
> Good questions.  I would reach out to the other groups doing
> translations, like Japanese and French.  They might have their own email
> lists.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find them.

Thanks, Bruce. I completely forgot to answer this mail when I first saw
it.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info