Junk date getting uploaded into date field - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bsreejithin
Subject Junk date getting uploaded into date field
Date
Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field
List pgsql-general
We have a csv file which we upload into postgres DB. If there are some
errors, like a data mismatch with the database table columns, postgres
should raise and error and upload should fail.

What is happening now is that, in case we get some junk date in the upload
file, postgres does auto-correction and does not raise an error!

A wrong date like ,say, 33-Oct-2013 gets converted as 2-Nov-2013 when the
data is loaded into a date field. No error raised.Data gets uploaded!

How can I prevent this ? I don't want this junk data to get loaded.