Re: Hot Standby performance issue - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From sparikh
Subject Re: Hot Standby performance issue
Date
List pgsql-performance
I will try to request both perf and strace to be installed. But I am
> not quite sure as the VMs are managed by third party. Will keep you
> posted...

What do you mean by VM? Is this a virtualized environment or bare hardware?

Yes, they are virtualized environments.

Sorry about the confusion. But I was just telling from based on the explain
plan report. e.g at the bottom of explain plan report it says "Total
runtime: 1698.453 ms" (This is with analyze option).

But from the client perspective (either run from pgadmin or directly from
the server command line) it takes more that 20 min to display the output.