Re: Documentation for SET var_name FROM CURRENT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Johnston
Subject Re: Documentation for SET var_name FROM CURRENT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila-2 wrote
> While reading documentation for SET command, I observed that FROM
> CURRENT syntax and its description is missing from SET command's
> syntax page (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/sql-set.html).
>
> Do you think that documentation should be updated for the same or is
> there any reason why it is not documented?

It is documented as part of "CREATE FUNCTION" since its use is only valid in
that context. The paragraph with the link to CREATE FUNCTION seems
sufficient to notify and direct people to the needed description for this.

David J.