Re: connection lost related issues are still *painful* - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: connection lost related issues are still *painful*
List pgadmin-support
On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 18:10 +0200, Michal Kozusznik wrote:
> A can confirm.
> A lot of unwanted behaviour in case of broken connection (including
> pgadmin crash).
> As far as I remember it has been reported multiple times, and answered
> that it is not possible to fix it due to ammount of work needed.
>
> I still cannot understand how is it possible in case of official
> software packaged with postgresql :(

Well, there are a limited number of hours in a day, and there are a
limited number of developers of pgAdmin (Dave, sometimes some devs from
EDB, and I on my free time... and actually, the devs from EDB pretty
made 1.18, and I did nothing).

So, back to the topic, yes, when something needs a huge amount of work
to get fixed and is a hard subject, it tends not to be done. Nothing
really surprising here.

Once again, anybody who wants can help. Patches are welcome.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info