Re: BUG #2104: pg_xlog/ trace files not reclaimed by server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #2104: pg_xlog/ trace files not reclaimed by server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Reuben Pasquini" <pasquini@imageworks.com> writes:
> It appears that when my 8.1 database is forced
> to generate more than
>             2*checkpoint_segments + 1
> trace files under pg_xlog/, that the database
> becomes confused and stops recycling the trace files.

That's fairly hard to believe, especially since you haven't presented
any actual evidence of it.

What might have happened is that checkpoints were failing for some
reason and so recycling of WAL segments couldn't be performed.  Was
there anything in the postmaster log about write failures?

            regards, tom lane