Re: Examples Missing - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Examples Missing
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On 26 Aug 2024, at 22:16, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/app-pgdump.html
>
> Examples should be added for every option available for pg_dump. I was
> looking for example for on-conflict-do-nothing, and rows-per-insert and what
> does nrows do?

Even with examples for every option we are unlikely to cover all combinations
that anyone would like to see.  I do think it would be good if we made sure to
mention the parameter name in the description to avoid any confusion.
Something like:

-        <command>INSERT</command> command. The value specified must be a
+        <command>INSERT</command> command to be <replaceable>nrows</replaceable>. The value specified must be a

There are many more options without parameters named in the description though.

--
Daniel Gustafsson