Re: FTS performance issue - planner problem identified (but only partially resolved) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: FTS performance issue - planner problem identified (but only partially resolved)
Date
List pgsql-performance
Stefan Keller <sfkeller@gmail.com> wrote:

> Finally, setting random_page_cost to 1 helps also - but I don't
> like this setting neither.

Well, you should learn to like whichever settings best model your
actual costs given your level of caching and your workload.  ;-)
FWIW, I have found page costs less volatile and easier to tune
with cpu_tuple_cost increased.  I just always start by bumping
that to 0.03.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com