Re: PGSQL Bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Johnston
Subject Re: PGSQL Bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Michael Kunzmann wrote
> Hello,
>
> I've noticed the following issue when autostarting PostgreSQL under
> Ubuntu 12.04 64bit by bootup. I'm using PostgreSQL 9.1.
>
> A manual service start works (service postgresql start).

Not sure what you actually think is the bug...especially since PostgreSQL
starts when run manually.

Apparently the boot routine for "bootup" is trying to launch PostgreSQL
before the SHM... parameters are exported with sufficient values to support
your configuration.

Or, the boot routine is trying to start a different instance of PostgreSQL
than the one you start manually.

I am not that strong a linux user but it does seem you need to provide
considerably more detail as to your install/configuration if you expect help
resolving your issue.  Specifically, HOW did you install PostgreSQL and what
configuration steps have you performed.

David J.