Re: BYTEA: insert query max size - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From inner
Subject Re: BYTEA: insert query max size
Date
List pgsql-novice
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> For stream size of 16785346 it works fine.
>> It looks like sql query size limit, isn't it?
>
> There's no such limit hardwired into Postgres.  I don't know anything
> about CBuilder or PostgresDAC, though, and wouldn't be surprised if one
> of them is creating the limitation.

Do you know, same error caused from 'pgAdminIII v1.4.1' and 'EMS Manager for
PostgreSql v3.4.0.1'?

pgAdmin:
1. I have inserted record with 16785346 bytes of bytea data.
2. Opened table and append additional 10 bytes in that record.
3. Tried to step on another record in the table (for posting data to
server) and got same error.

EMS:
1. Opened table and append new record.
2. Modified bytea field with file of 16785347 bytes (just char 0x62)
3. Pressed button to post record to server and got again same error.

BTW, same error caused with ZeosLib6.5.1-alpha CVS-Version as of
13-10-2005 in CBuilder application.

Where is the truth?

 inner                          mailto:transto@inbox.ru