Re: BUG #8387: Error while make of the source code - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #8387: Error while make of the source code
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> On 19.08.2013 13:33, NITISHSAURABH@GMAIL.COM wrote:
>> Gives Error while compiling (configure goes well but while running make it
>> gives error) the source code as shown below. Is there any compatibility
>> issue between PostgreSQl 9.2.4 and AIX7.1 ?

> Not that I'm aware of. Then again, there is no AIX 7.1 box in the
> buildfarm, the closes thing is "grebe" running AIX 5.3 (see
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl).

I'm wondering if the OP's configuration doesn't support LWARX mutex hints
(see the comment for USE_PPC_LWARX_MUTEX_HINT in pg_config_manual.h).
We do have a configure-time check for that, but maybe it's not working
for him?

Without any info as to the compiler or assembler in use, nor a look at the
failing bits of assembly code, we're just guessing.

            regards, tom lane