Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2013-05-07 at 13:20 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Hmm.  Rereading your last email, I see your point: since we now have
> HEAP_XLOG_VISIBLE, this is much less of an issue than it would have
> been before.  I'm still not convinced that simplifying that code is a
> good idea, but maybe it doesn't really hurt us much in practice.

Given that there's not a big impact one way or another, I don't mind
whether this particular patch is committed or not. Whichever you think
is more understandable and safer at this late hour. Also, to be clear,
the fact that I posted a patch was not meant to advocate either way;
merely to present the options.

Not sure exactly what you mean about the code simplification, but I
agree that anything more substantial than this patch should be left for
9.4.

Regards,Jeff Davis