Re: general question and BUG #5038 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: general question and BUG #5038
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 2013-04-17 at 04:09 -0500, Sofer, Yuval wrote:
> how do I review list of bugs reported as  fixed for each Postgres
> version?
>

> Is there any quick way to detect a fix of bug using Bug id?

There is no actively-maintained bug database for postgres. The best way
is to search the archives and the commit logs to see if it's there.

I found this message:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4AA8CA7B.4020608@enterprisedb.com

And this commit:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=4e2d5efc6a45b1f9f96df42629f6d1c7740e657e

> And specifically for  bug #5038 – was it fix in version 8.3.8 or in
> higher Postgres version?

8.3.X is out of maintenance. I *strongly* encourage you to immediately
upgrade to 8.3.23, and then to come up with a plan to get on a supported
release soon (8.4 or later).

This particular fix is not in 8.3.8, but it is in 8.3.9.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis