Re: Daylight Saving Time - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Daylight Saving Time
Date
List pgsql-ports
> OK, added FAQ item:

>     <H3 id="item1.14">1.14) Will PostgreSQL handle recent daylight
>     saving time changes in various countries?</H3>

>     <P>PostgreSQL versions prior to 8.0 use the operating system's
>     timezone database for daylight saving information.  All current
>     versions of PostgreSQL 8.0 and later contain up-to-date timezone
>     information.</P>

This fails to answer the question, as you already found out.  You need
to say *which* versions contain which updates.  I believe a useful
answer will include these facts:

2007 USA changes:
    8.0.4 and later, all 8.1.x and up
2007 Canada and Western Australia changes:
    8.0.10 and later, 8.1.6 and later, all 8.2.x and up

            regards, tom lane