Re: Reproducible "Bus error" in 9.2.3 during database dump restoration (Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Reproducible "Bus error" in 9.2.3 during database dump restoration (Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dmitry Koterov <dmitry@koterov.ru> wrote:

> LOG:  server process (PID 18705) was terminated by signal 7: Bus error

So far I have only heard of this sort of error when PostgreSQL is
running in a virtual machine and the VM software is buggy.  If you
are not running in a VM, my next two suspects would be
hardware/BIOS configuration issues, or an antivirus product.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company