Re: Error when trying to recover from filesystem backup - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error when trying to recover from filesystem backup
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Juan Miguel Paredes" <juan.paredes@gmail.com> writes:
> ... But when trying to
> start Postgresql with the recovered location, we get the following
> error:

> " * Error: The server must be started under the locale : which does
> not exist any more."

There is no such message text in the standard Postgres distribution.
I suppose this is another example of Debian's packager trying to be
helpful.  You might try looking through the startup script to see
what it's testing exactly.

As far as what PG itself thinks the locale should be, pg_controldata
would tell you ...

            regards, tom lane