Re: Problem with pgAdmin and Server Status encode - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Problem with pgAdmin and Server Status encode
List pgadmin-support
On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 21:02 +0100, Manuel Fdez (JVR) wrote:
> Version pgAdminIII: 1.16.1
>

> Server PostgreSQL: 9.1
>

> OS: Windows 7 Professional SP1
>

> When I try to open Server Status I receive this message continuously:
>

> cid:image001.png@01CE1069.DB3DBD30
>

> My Database encode: UTF8 and Collation and Charset Spanish, Spain.

Well, I don't know spanish but I can guess what this message says. You
have multiple encodings on your logs, and pgadmin doesn't like that at
all. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. PostgreSQL only puts
UTF8 strings in it, but if it has to output SQL queries (because you
asked it to do so or because there are errors on these queries), they
may contain non-UTF8 characters.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info