Re: XML Schema for PostgreSQL database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: XML Schema for PostgreSQL database
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2012-12-14 at 14:17 -0200, Edson Richter wrote:
> Em 14/12/2012 12:21, Merlin Moncure escreveu:
> > On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Em 13/12/2012 20:10, Merlin Moncure escreveu:
> >>[...]
>
> > *) diagram output should be standard html (only) without requiring
> > tool to log in and adjust diagram
>
> I don't really care about output - SVG would be excellent, because it
> scales well and will print nicely.
> I can tell that a data dictionary with diagramming output would be
> enough. If I can edit the data dictionary and system keep track of all
> changes, would be enough for me.
> If PgAdmin would have the ability to maintain a data dictionary that is
> not the database itself, and plus the feature to "synchronize with
> database" (which would be any PostgreSQL database registered) would be
> optimal for me.

We had something pretty good like this called the Database Designer.
There are still some works to make it available on a next release.

You can also try pgModeler. Seems really cool. Too bad it doesn't (yet?)
do reverse engineering.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info