Re: Revoke "drop database" even for superusers? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Revoke "drop database" even for superusers?
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 2012-12-02 at 10:32 +0530, Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Em 01/12/2012 22:22, Chris Angelico escreveu:

> >> The most common thing to do before running 'make' is to look for a
> >> configure script:
> >>
> >> $ ./configure
> >> $ make
> >>
> >> ChrisA
> >>

> >>  Yes, that was my first tought. But there is no configure script in the
> > folder.
> > Must be something else...
> >

> While I haven't looked at the code, the error message looks very similar to
> what you will see while building contrib modules. So try this:
>
> $ export USE_PGXS=1
> $ export PATH=$path_to_your_pg_config$:$PATH
>
> Set the PATH so that the correct pg_config command is used. It must come
> from the same installation that your server is running.
>
> $ make clean
> $ make
> $ make install

Yeah, you need to use the USE_PGXS environment variable. You also need
the pg_config tool and PostgreSQL header files which should be available
if you install the -devel package of your distribution.

What distribution are you on?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info