Re: ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Toomas Kristin
Subject Re: ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Basically I had the same topic recently and based on observation I would say that configuration parameter hot_standby_feedback disables no only some vacuuming operations but something else as well. I played thru the same scenario where I disabled hot_standby_feedback and and vacuuming, but still had conflicts on standby node. I am on opinion that the conflict is not related with the table that has disabled vacuuming the conflict may be related with any table instead that is used during the same session/connection.

I would suggest to make sure that application/client disconnects from standby node as soon as possible in order to release all possible locks/blockers on master that may cause bloating.

BR,
Toomas