Re: Doc patch, put pg_temp into the documentation's index - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karl O. Pinc
Subject Re: Doc patch, put pg_temp into the documentation's index
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/17/2012 12:19:02 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 11:10 -0500, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> > pg_temp-toindex.patch
> > Puts pg_temp into the index of the docs.
>
> But there is no object called pg_temp.  It always pg_temp_NNNN
> something.  How should that be indexed?

My thought is not to index the db object; it isn't
particularly interesting to a user.  Instead what's
indexed is the token pg_temp, used when
setting search_path.   The utility of the token is
explained in several places in the docs.

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."                -- Robert A. Heinlein