Can I pause the pg_dump or pg_restore - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From arunpadule@gmail.com
Subject Can I pause the pg_dump or pg_restore
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

I have a 350 GB dump file of database. It takes 40 Hours to restore. Below
is my server processor properties.

model : 6 model name : AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor stepping : 2 cpu
MHz : 3000.000 cache size : 1024 KB bogomips : 6027.81

When restore is in progress , the user accessing the another databases on
same server, feels slow performance. My requirement is to pause the restore
process in day time, when user's are accessing the server and resume the
process in night.

So can these be done.