Re: Streaming replication failed to start scenarios - Mailing list pgsql-general

From chinnaobi
Subject Re: Streaming replication failed to start scenarios
Date
Re: Streaming replication failed to start scenarios  (Ben Chobot <bench@silentmedia.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Laurenz Albe,

I have tested using cygwin rsync in windows 2008 R2, just after restart the
server.

for 10 GB it took nearly 5 minutes to sync,
for 50 GB it took nearly 30 minutes,  -- too long Though there were no big
changes.

My requirement is something less than 5 minutes. I am doing high
availability. In my setup there is WAL archiving enabled as well.

Is there any way I can speedup the configuring dead primary server to
standby ??

Regards,
Reddy