Re: plperl - put schema-name in $_TD - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plperl - put schema-name in $_TD
Date
List pgsql-patches
> plpython and pltcl don't have relname, while only pltcl has relatts. Is
> relatts useful? should we provide it everywhere?

Hm.  It is not particularly useful in plpgsql at the moment, because of
the lack of any way to reference columns dynamically.  So that's
probably why it's not there in plpgsql, and then the other languages
copied that decision even though they can do dynamic references.

You'd have to work out appropriate datastructure idioms for the other
languages, which might not be obvious at first glance.

It doesn't seem very high priority to me, because no one's yet asked for
it ...

> I propose to add relname to plpython and pltcl, and relschema to all
> (mutatis mutandis w.r.t. names).

Works for me.

            regards, tom lane