Re: shared memory settings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: shared memory settings
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 13:39 +0400, Alexander Shutyaev wrote:

> We need to increase max_connections to 3000. When we tried to do this
> we got an error

<snip>

Not an answer to your question but: Are you talking about 3k
*concurrent* connections? What are the server specs? I am not sure you
can handle that many connections, unless you are using HP DL 980 or  HP
Superdome or so.

You also may want to consider using connection pooler, namely pgbouncer.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Attachment