Re: _FORTIFY_SOURCE by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: _FORTIFY_SOURCE by default?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2012-09-16 at 10:36 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Might be worth having a buildfarm animal or two building with it, say by
> setting CFLAGS before configure?

I don't really see the value in that.  Either this is part of our
standard set of warnings and checks that we are interested in, and then
everyone should see it, or we don't care about this, and then we should
ignore the issue altogether.  Creating different diagnostics sets for
different people and different circumstances without clear purpose one
way or the other just creates friction.