Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test
Date
Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-02-24 13:31:40 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I think the TAP scripts should be in src/interfaces/libpq/t/, as usual. The
>> supporting code snippets could live in some other directory under
>> src/interfaces/libpq/, which might be called "test" or something else, not
>> that important.

> Why not in t/? We can't easily build the test programs in libpq/ itself, but
> libpq/t should be fairly doable.

I think that having t/ directories contain only Perl test scripts
is a good convention that we should stick to.  Peter's proposal
of a separate test/ subdirectory for C test scaffolding is
probably fine.