Re: server does not listen - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: server does not listen
List pgadmin-support
On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 09:08 +0000, Willem Duvenage wrote:
> Good morning
> I'm really having some issues with my PostGis
> It was working before then my pc crashed and I hade to do a complete format
> After the format I installed opengoe suite and started it, then started PostGis
> But for some reason I cant connect or create a new database
> I've tried changing the postgresql.conf file and the pg_hba.conf file
> Please I have no idea what is going on and making matters worse I'm no expert on this
>
> I've attach my opengoe log here, and this is what my event viewer say
> "
> The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is
notinstalled on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the
localcomputer.

> If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
>
> The following information was included with the event:
>
> pg_ctl: PID file "C:/Users/willem/.opengeo/pgdata/willem/postmaster.pid" does not exist
> "
> "
> The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is
notinstalled on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the
localcomputer.

> If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
>
> The following information was included with the event:
>
> pg_ctl: could not send stop signal (PID: 596): No such process
> "
> I did download the opengoe suite installer again and even after that I still cant connect
>

> Please help me with this
> I really need my PostGis to work again

This list is about support on pgAdmin. For your issue, you should better
ask on pgsql-general.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info