Re: "Search objects" fails in pgAdmin 1.16.0 Beta 4 on ubuntu linux - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: "Search objects" fails in pgAdmin 1.16.0 Beta 4 on ubuntu linux
List pgadmin-support
On Thu, 2012-08-30 at 07:34 -0700, Chandrakant G wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:40:43 AM UTC-4, Chandrakant G wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I built pgAdmin 1.16.0 Beta 4 from source on ubuntu 12.04. I am able to connect to my remote databases and work on
them.I was eager to use the "Search objects" functionality, but if I use them on the remote databases, it gives me the
followingerror:

> > ERROR:  permission denied for relation pg_user_mapping
> >

> > If I search on a local database where I have more privileges, this works. But I would think anyone that can create
objectsin the db should be able to search them.

> > Please let me know how to get through this.
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > CG
>
> Has anybody been able to reproduce this bug? Just curious. Can anybody point me to a reason why pg_user_mapping is
notgranted select rights for public even though other tables are?

Sorry for the late answer. Only superuser can read into pg_user_mapping.
This bug is now fixed (a search done with a super user will include the
SQL/MED objects, while a search launched by a regular user won't include
them).

Thanks for the report.

--
Guillaume