Re: Amazon High I/O instances - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: Amazon High I/O instances
Date
List pgsql-general
Le mardi 21 août 2012 à 01:33 -0400, Sébastien Lorion a écrit :

> Since Amazon has added new high I/O instance types and EBS volumes,
> anyone has done some benchmark of PostgreSQL on them ?

I wonder : is there a reason why you have to go through the complexity
of such a setup, rather than simply use bare metal and get good
performance with simplicity?

For instance, the dedibox I use for my app (visible in sig) costs 14,00
euros/month, and sits at .03% load average with 5 active users; you can
admin it like a home pc.

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/