Re: Mailsystem maintenance/migration announcement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Mailsystem maintenance/migration announcement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Stefan Kaltenbrunner's message of lun ago 06 13:21:49 -0400 2012:

> We are currently planning to finalize the ongoing work on the mailsystem
> migration we started earlier this year by migrating the
> two remaining components of the postgresql.org mailsystem infrastructure
> to new systems.
> Those parts (listserver and mailbox hosting) will be moved to new
> systems in an maintenance window on:
>
> Friday, 10th of august starting 15:00 GMT

... and finally, after a much longer downtime window than originally
expected, we have completed the migration to the new mail system.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience and the long downtime.  We had
unexpected absence of one people of the involved (me) due to an
unforeseen unavoidable compromise; and we furthermore had to cope with
one other person getting very ill at the last minute.

It also turns out that we made a serious mistake in the configuration
somewhere and this might have resulted in some undesirable emails being
sent out to subscribers of various lists.  Sorry about that.  Please
ignore those; they should not show up again.  If they do, please report
back.

The new system is not completely debugged yet, alas.  It will take some
time before we really figure out everything so that lists work at least
as quickly as they did in the old site; we hope to have that figured
that out as soon as possible.  In the meantime, things might be a little
slow, but emails should get out there.

If you see anything not working as it should, be sure to ping us by
replying here.

Your friendly email admin team,
  Magnus Hagander, Álvaro Herrera, Stefan Kaltenbrunner