Re: Log size in bytes of query result - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Sergei Kornilov
Subject Re: Log size in bytes of query result
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi

> extension that hooks into PostgreSQL

We have any hooks that can be used for such purposes?
Sometimes I think how to implement counters "bytes sent to client"/"bytes recv from client" in pg_stat_statements but
didnot found good place. Where we can accumulate such counters and how they can be accessible from extension? Extend
DestReceiveror add counter directly in src/backend/libpq/pqcomm.c ?

PS: some returned with feedback old patch:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAHhq2wJXRqTMJXZwMAOdtQOkxSKxg_aMxxofhvCo%3DRGXvh0AUg%40mail.gmail.com

regards, Sergei