Re: pgsql: pgstat: run pgindent on pgstat.c/h. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: pgstat: run pgindent on pgstat.c/h.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 2022-03-19 12:36:29 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> Ideally there would be some kind of reminder built into the
>> pgindent tooling to make it less likely.

> I think a lot of pgindent runs are just to reindent changes during
> development, so that'd probably just join all the other stuff we learn to
> ignore :)

Yeah ... you can't do anything about it at the time you run pgindent,
because you don't yet have the commit hash.  So I don't see that such
a reminder will help much.  The pgindent/README file does mention
that you ought to do this, so anyone following that recipe will
get it right.

            regards, tom lane