Re: clean.pl on Windows fails to remove flex output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: clean.pl on Windows fails to remove flex output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 17:51, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
>> I've noticed while testing the VC 2010 patches that clean.pl in
>> src/tools/msvc doesn't remove files generated by flex.

> clean.pl? I don't even have that file, I only have clean.bat...

> And if you're talking about that one, have you tried "clean dist"
> which is what should correspond to make distclean, and remove those
> files?

Huh?  "make distclean" *doesn't* remove such files --- if it did,
they'd not get into the tarballs.  What Craig needs is the equivalent of
"make maintainer-clean".  Right offhand it looks like clean.bat is
a bit confused as to which of those behaviors it's implementing.