Re: smart shutdown at end of transaction (was: Default mode for shutdown) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: smart shutdown at end of transaction (was: Default mode for shutdown)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2012-04-27 at 14:57 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think there is no point at all in having a discussion about this
> unless we can first agree that the overwhelming majority of people who
> have commented on this issue on this list are unhappy with the current
> default behavior.  If we are not going to change the default behavior,
> then there is zero point in talking about this.

Have you reviewed the previous discussions where changing the default
behavior was discussed and rejected?  I don't like the current default
any more than you do, but without any new arguments, there is, as you
say, zero point in talking about this.