Re: libpq URI and regression testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: libpq URI and regression testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mar abr 17 15:41:04 -0300 2012:
> On tis, 2012-04-17 at 10:47 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > What's the preferred way to make it automatically tested as much as
> > possible?  I know the buildfarm does not run "installcheck-world", so if
> > we want it there, it'd need a bit more code on the client side.  I think
> > it would be wise to have it also run on installcheck-world.
>
> It was agreed during the patch discussion that it shouldn't be run
> automatically.

Oh, okay.  I didn't notice that.  I guess we should issue a
call-for-testing, then, so that we ensure it works (FSVO works) in all
(FSVO all) platforms.

> > Hmm.  Just had this thought: not all platform support the same socket
> > types.  Maybe we should have separated the .in file in three parts:
> > IPv4, IPv6, unix-domain socket.  That way each platform would only run
> > tests that pertain to it.  Right now there's a single "regress.in" file
> > that lists all the tests.
>
> That's one reason for that, but there are probably others in the way of
> making this fully portable and automatable.

Hmm.