Re: Archives policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Archives policy
Date
List pgsql-www
Excerpts from Joshua D. Drake's message of jue abr 16 15:07:59 -0400 2009:
> On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 15:03 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > > Agreed ... there isn't any reason why someone 'internally' doesn't notice
> > > it from jus scanning the lists ...
> >
> > I think by far the most likely problem scenario is that someone claims
> > to hold copyright on something-or-other in an old message and files a
> > DMCA takedown notice against it.  AFAICT the standard of proof in such
> > cases is "guilty until proven innocent", so we'd probably have to cave
> > rather than argue about it.  How are the copyright laws in Canada these
> > days?
>
> I think what we really need to do is stop playing attorney and ask one
> what our exposure is. I will contact SFLC.

I just got another guy requesting me to remove an archived email from
very old archives.  Nothing illegal so I'm not doing it.  Still, I just
reread this thread and saw this offer and no followup.  JD, did you ever
get around to asking SFLC about this?