Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On lör, 2012-04-07 at 16:51 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Even before this CommitFest, it's felt to me like this hasn't been a
> great cycle for reviewing.  I think we have generally had fewer people
> doing reviews than we did during the 9.0 and 9.1 cycles.  I think we
> had a lot of momentum with the CommitFest process when it was new, but
> three years on I think there's been some ebbing of the relative
> enthusiastic volunteerism that got off the ground.  I don't have a
> very good idea what to do about that, but I think it bears some
> thought.

But the patches left in the current commit fest all have gotten a decent
amount of reviewing.  The patches are still there because the reviews
have identified problems and there was not enough development time to
fix them.  I don't think more reviewing resources would have changed
this in a significant way.