Re: Adding links to alternate versions of doc pages - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Adding links to alternate versions of doc pages
Date
List pgsql-docs
On tor, 2012-03-29 at 18:12 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > A related problem: At least a search on Google will usually find the
> > documentation of some old version.  A search on Bing, however, doesn't
> > find the documentation at all.  That indicates to me that there is
> > something seriously wrong in how the web site is constructed.
>
> Works for me. Aside from the version issue, I get very relevant results for
> a few test searches on Bing.

Hmm, interesting.  I tried the example given at the beginning of this
thread "postgresql maintenance_work_mem", which didn't work so well.
("postgres maintenance_work_mem" is even worse.)  Other searches appear
to work better and in most cases even prefer the current documentation
link.

Still, the overall quality of the results is quite bad.