how postgresql passes the parameter to the function. syntax error near or at "$1". - Mailing list pgsql-general

From leaf_yxj
Subject how postgresql passes the parameter to the function. syntax error near or at "$1".
Date
List pgsql-general
I want to create a function which use to truncate the table specified by the
caller. I very confused how postgresql pass this parameter into the function
:

as a superuser to execute :
1)
create or replace function d() returns void as $$
analyze;
$$ language sql;

----- this works when i issue select d()

2) this doesn't work

create or replace function v(text) returns void as $$
analyze $1;
$$ language sql;

 why???? and how to correct it?

I tried another function for insert

1) this works.

create or replace function insert_f(integer) returns void as $$
insert into t1 values($1);
$$ language sql;

----this works when i issue select insert_f(20);

2) this doesn't work.

create or replace function insert_f(text,integer) returns void as $$
insert into $1 values($2);
$$ language sql;

---- it failed to create the function and give me error : syntax error at or
near "$1".